OASIS has created a new discussion list for members and non-members to explore a proposal to form an ODF Implementation, Interoperability and Conformance (IIC) Technical Committee. The new TC would provide a means for software implementors and service providers to create applications that adhere to the ODF specification and are able to interoperate. Proposers include representatives from Ars Aperta, IBM, and Novell; Rob Weir of IBM is designated as the discussion leader.
Potential activities for the OASIS ODF IIC TC include:
- Publish test suites for applications of ODF to check their conformance with the standard and to confirm their interoperability;
- Provide feedback, where necessary, to the ODF TC on ways in which the standard could improve interoperability;
- Produce a set of implementation guidelines;
- Define interoperability with related standards by the creation of profiles or technical reports;
- Coordinate OASIS Interoperability demos related to ODF, in conjunction with the ODF Adoption TC.
- Liaise with other standard bodies whose work is leveraged in present or future ODF specifications. These include, but are not limited to, the W3C and ISO/IEC JTC1/SC34.
The discussion list may remain open up to 90 days. Typically, list participants will determine whether there is sufficient interest to form an OASIS TC, and if so, they will collaborate on a draft TC charter for submission.
OASIS members and non-members are invited to join this discussion by sending a message to: firstname.lastname@example.org.