The OpenDocument XML.org web site is not longer accepting new posts. Information on this page is preserved for legacy purposes only. For current information on ODF, please see the OASIS OpenDocument Technical Committee.
Deployments: Private sector
Companies around the world are deploying OpenDocument. If you are aware of additional support in the commercial sector, please add to this page (log in and select the "edit" tab above).
- ASIGEST, a Romanian insurance company.
- Backcountry.com, a US-based ecommerce retailer of ski, snowboard, hiking, climbing and outdoor gear.
- Banco do Brasil has replaced Microsoft Office with OpenOffice.org on 35,000 PCs. An additional 30,000 PCs running OS/2 will be migrated to OpenOffice by the end of 2006.
- Banca Popolare di Milano 4,500 SUSE Linux desktops with a Mozilla web browser, web client for Lotus Notes, Sun’s StarOffice suite, and a Java-based custom suite of banking applications in its 500 branch offices.
- Bangkok Airways, Thailand
- De Bortoli Wines, Australia
- Ernie Ball Guitars, San Luis Obispo, California
- Future Publishing, UK. A leading tech magazine publisher, with 700 OpenOffice.org users.
- GB Engineering Ent. Pvt. Ltd, India.
- Health First, Inc. in Brevard County, FL, USA: Migrating 6,000 IT users on 3,500 PCs from Microsoft Office 97 to OpenOffice.org. "Migrating to Linux at Health First" case study by Novell.
- Kervan Gida, Turkey with 80+ desktops
- LIC, India. (life insurance provider) Approximately 60,000 users and five to six thousand servers will migrate to Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- LVM Insurance in Munster, Germany: 7,700 Red Hat Linux desktops
- Marisol S.A. - Jaraguá do Sul - Santa Catarina - Brazil
- Miller Industries, Inc.: World's largest manufacturer of vehicle towing and recovery equipment. About 200 OpenOffice 2.0.x users
- MIP Holdings New Zealand
- MOBEXPERT Group of Companies, Romania. The leading Romanian furniture manufacturer and retailer.
- NAFECO INC. NAFECO (North America Fire Equipment Company), a US based corporation, has switched its users to OOo. Approx. 125 desktops/notebooks
- Novell with 5,000 users (most of them on Novell Linux Desktop), The Novell Migration to Linux
- PROFI Rom Food, a Romanian food producer and retailer (store chain), with headquarters in Timișoara.
- Resolvo Systems Pte Ltd: Asia's open source solutions provider based in Singapore has been using OpenOffice company-wide since OO version 1.0. Assisted Singapore Ministry of Defence to migrate to OpenOffice.
- Sun Microsystems: Its 36,000 employees use StarOffice.
- Total Cont- Sibiu, Romania, a finance and bookkeeping company.
- ZANDO COMPUTER, an IT consulting company located in Bucharest, Romania, actively recommends and deploys OpenOffice.org and other OpenDocument format solutions to its clients. Zando Computer is also a member of ASRO/CT210, the Romanian standardization body on document formats